Sunday, September 13, 2009

9-13-09: I Can Do Bad By Myself & F.I.S.H.

Tonight, I saw "I Can Do Bad By Myself". It was ssssssooooo good! I gained wisdom tghrough the movie. I have determined i don't want to "cope". I want to thrive in every area of my life!

God also showed up in me teaching Children's Church. I really didn't want to do it, but I felt like I would be letting God down & turning a deaf ear to what would make Him smile. He responded to the willing attitude with POWER. I wouldn't dare take credit for that...He saw my heart & heard my thoughts toward my husband volunteering me for something I didn't first approve. - Like saying, um huh now that you don't want to do it...I can show up. - Yeah, right! That permission stuff will get u n trouble... Anyway, why did He give me a glimpse of my husband & I teaching during this experience. The way I saw it, we both have a part to teach & a role (no a Call) to fulfill. We both have something God wants us to bring to the "table" w/all of who we are and to appreciate our differences rather than desire anything else. WOW! Thank you Father. Please forgive me for attempting to change your plans for my convenience.

BEAUTY: was watching my daughter practice b-ball with 4 other teams. Then to learn of my son's success in making 3 baskets/shots from unexpected distances and ALL of them! To see his smile because he earned $40 due to someone misunderstanding his capability (oh, and capacity). Wow! I bet God got into the mix to prove a point & uplift Benjamin's heart too. I also enjoyed my conversation with the GA Tech Women's B-ball Team. I'm looking forward to doing their hair. They are a great group...please go out & support them.

By the way, my reading today was Ps. 2. Did you know God laughs at those who think they are doing something or can do something as though their power is their own &/or greater than His? (see verse 4). Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are encouraged to comment. Thank you in advance for sharing your perspective.