Thursday, September 3, 2009

9-3-09 AM Liz Murrary

Before this morning, I knew nothing about Liz Murray, but after reading a short article in my new Success Magazine that came in the mail, I am so thankful for knowing her this way. On my journey back - or to where I am called, I believe the line from Akeelah and the Bee reminds me that I have 50,000 coaches and Liz Murray was one of them today. In my "fall from grace", I found myself depressed, lethargic and very unhappy with the life I had accepted as my own. Liz points permeated my thinking today. Here's what I learned:
  • I am NOT my mistakes. My mistakes are not my identity.
  • I can lose a lot of THINGS and still have myself.
  • I accept that the negative (antagonistic) voice is my "wounded self" talking to me.

I am not this voice and it lets me know I have to nuture the positive, loving side of me. These concepts are healing to me. Like warming my soul with a smooth warm elixir.

I had allowed my mistakes to become my identity creating shame in me everytime I said anything about losing the brokerage and my attachments had become who I was so in losing them (esp the money) I felt unworthy for anything else. This is why the pain of my downfall was so hard and even paralyzing. My body was moving, but something (everything) inside of me was standing still, immobilized and even crouching over wrapped in despair.

I said a prayer for Liz Murray today and thanked God for the gift He put in her that was shared. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are encouraged to comment. Thank you in advance for sharing your perspective.