Thursday, September 24, 2009

9-24-09: Reality Check

This morning I had to get my daughter to XCountry Practice before 6am, so we left @ 530 to give ourselves time and to pick up another friend in the neighborhood. What occurred to me is...what happened to most of the people whose lives were claimed as a result of the floods could've happened to any body. It just hit me this morning. Imagine dropping some friends off home from a trip you have just returned from. Now you are on your way home, the road you usually take you notice some water, but its dark outside and more than that you've been driving in torrential rains for a while, so depth and width is unknown. You continue down the road, crossing the water thinking nothing of it, except this time your vehicle is swept away. This is what happened to Delena and a few others either on their way home, to work or just regular travels.

I am soooo thankful that we were not on the roads at that time because I know it could've been us. I said a prayer for the families who have lost loved ones and also for those who have lost their homes, cars, and other things to this water. I also continue to pray for our children. There are so many things vying for their attention and after listening to Joyce Meyers, I learned of the rise for sex slaves and these predators are looking for children. DON'T FORGET TO PRAY! TAKE TIME OUT TO PRAY! OUR FATHER WANTS TO HEAR FROM YOU TODAY! Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are encouraged to comment. Thank you in advance for sharing your perspective.