Sunday, September 6, 2009

9-6-09 Dakota Skye & What You Think About...

I just finished retwisting my locs. While doing that I watched a movie on NetFlix.com called, "Dakota Skye". In the movie, Dakota had special powers (like superheros)...no one could ever lie to her, well they could but she would know it because that was her special powers. The one thing about Dakota, she didn't have to broadcast it to others nor let even her closest friends in on her clairvoyance. She just simply knew what she knew. There was one part in the movie where she had her past and her future side-by-side and she later chose to leave them both alone and live in the present (free). I thank God for the little reminders. Many times, I want to not just know what I know, but I want you (well not "you" per se, but others) so know too as though I am inferior if you/they don't know that I know. To this mindset, I say, "Good Bye!" and choose to rejoice in knowing.

It's also amazing to me how the "knowing" thoughts come to mind and before the day's end you can fulfill them. I just wish or pray for this kind of clarity in others, esp those I would rather run and deal.

I had an unusual notion during a conversation while doing a Client's hair. I made the comment, that I would like Oprah to be one of my mentors even if it had to be only via email. Then the thought that followed, said, "Live like it is so. How would you respond to life if you knew you had to check in with her?" I had these images in my mind of going for it and not slacking. Then what would it take to BE this. My response, now is to decide to do so and not broadcast it, just BE it. I also questioned within my self, why the change? It occurred to me...her presence and the amount of work she accomplishes everyday and her decision to follow-through with excellence would compel me to do the same. The bar was raised just considering the possibility of being in company of greatness/excellence. Its easy to say...now I must follow-through. Thanks Linda for the invitation to prospect with you on Friday. This part of the "doing". "Faith without works is dead. Show my your faith without works and I will show you my faith by what I do." - ALRIGHT Lord! Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. For years I had a strong desire to be accepted & I had a horrible habit of letting everyone know that I knew it all. (so says the authority on this, Me)
    God is doing a new thing in me, and I like it. I'm more quiet, I speak when there is something to be said. Oh and this girl does not have to be the center of attention anymore. Hey just wanted to mention (sort of a side bar) your locs were rocking!

    ReplyDelete

You are encouraged to comment. Thank you in advance for sharing your perspective.