Monday, September 14, 2009

9-14-09: Steward

Today, I had the pleasure of running around Stone Mountain with my husband. Today was more different than usual because I haven't ran in about 4 days then I hadn't ran Stone Mountain in over a week. Anyway, I pressed. In the midst of my run, the thought came to me about being a "steward over my body". I pondered it til the realization of what a "steward" is occurred to me then "my body", then who was saying this...Holy Spirit. Um. You know, God is so gentle, loving and kind. When He gives you something, you doesn't demand that you do "it" like He would do "it". That is why we have "freewill". So, this loving God is recommending that I be a good steward over my body. I asked Him to help me to be a good steward over my body because I know I can't do this one alone. I like to eat the good as well as the "bad"! The more I pondered it...I thought of a conversation I had with a friend today briefly and the comment that I made about wanting to eat pizza, chicken and the other things I like, just in moderation. We are such a work in progress. So, who know where this is going to take me...Only my Daddy (God).

In doing the workbook, "Lord, Change My Attitude", I am so happy about the changes that I don't realize until a conversation, situation, or circumstance occurs and my response freaks me out and I really mean what I am saying from the most AUTHENTIC parts of who I BE. This is beautiful. God is using the book to help me believe again on a level that I admitted last week to abandoning unconsciously. As a result, when I got the news that my daughter was accepted into the People-to-People Student Ambassador Program for Summer 2010, I felt this unexplainable leap within, excitement and reassurance that God knows me and He wants me to know Him in another capacity than the one I had allowed myself to wallow. You see, when a parent has to correct a child it is never their desire for that child to remain in that state of correction mode beyond the point of the correction. Rather, to learn and grow from it and then MOVE ON! I was the child that didn't depart from the correction mode to the point of becoming stale and stagnant in my faith because of how big I made a past failure. I'm so glad to be moving on. We are 7 weeks into the book and I am looking forward to greater works that He wants for us. Today, I am being made FREE by the truth I know!

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are encouraged to comment. Thank you in advance for sharing your perspective.