Thursday, September 10, 2009

9-10-09: Doing What I Didn't "Want" to Do

Last night I began feeling sick...I thank God for meds, rest and especially a praying husband. Today, I am glad to report that I am feeling better. I wrestled with leaving the house today. I wanted to go into the office even though there were other things that needed to get done. Then, I wanted to go to the school to pick-up a form that I didn't complete...the thought came to call and the secretary...when I did she was so obliging to give it to my son to bring home. So, I accepted that I didn't need to leave.

It is so important that I stop running from the things that I don't like to do, but that needs to get done especially since I don't have anyone to delegate it to yet and to be honest even if I did, I'd probably still want to do it myself. Through doing the things that I don't want to do, but that I do, I gain discipline and a greater sense of satisfaction by pressing through to completion. I love the feeling of accomplishment and most of the time the greatest sense of accomplishment comes from doing what I didn't want to do to begin with. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are encouraged to comment. Thank you in advance for sharing your perspective.