Saturday, September 19, 2009

9-19-09: Suffering to be Blessed

Today, I have had a day...the part that is relevant for this blog is this... While at my daughter's cross country meet I got bit by fire ants! There were so many bites. It was burning and itching from my feet going up my legs. I was beating myself to get them off of me. I started coming out of my shoes, then my socks. I was ready to come out of my jeans too, but didn't. I didn't want to miss any part of my daughter's race! I had my camera and I really wanted the best pictures that I could get so I didn't want to go to the Medical Station to get the aide that I needed. This man encouraged me to go. He said. "If only you can get over there, they will help you." I decided in that moment to go to the Medical Station and risk missing the photos I wanted of my daughter. The aid I got was relieving! Then, what do you know? The race brought them right pass me! I got the BEST shots I believe I wouldn't have gotten from anywhere else! One of them. you can see the torrential rain and her running through it (a POWERFUL SHOT)...that I KNOW I WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN ABLE TO GET FROM ANY OTHER PLACE, but in the seat of the Medical Station! MY REVELATION: God allowed me to be bitten by ants so that He could give me the desire of my heart! Suffering does not feel good. "No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful, LATER ON however it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace who have been trained by it."

I am thankful for being bitten by ants (the suffering I endured). Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are encouraged to comment. Thank you in advance for sharing your perspective.