Saturday, September 5, 2009

9-5-09 - Almost but I Refuse to Cheat Me

I refused to let the day end without me keeping my promise to me. What I realize about myself...once the thrill is gone(i know how to blog now), I can easily lose interest. I questioned why I committed to doing this blog anyway, then I remembered it is for me, about me and to help me to instill greater discipline in my life. Even more so, it is my journal of My Journey Back or to WHO I "BE". So here I write... Today I did 2 people's hair, no 3 including my daughter. I thought I was going to Rome today---no that's Rome, GA for a XCountry Meet. I didn't have to but was so nice is having my daughter call me so excited to tell me she improved her time by 3 mins in the race! I guess in the spirit earlier today I knew this would happen and that she would be placed on the my experienced team (she says that didn't happen, but I know what I heard, maybe she just doesnt know yet). I learned 5 mins before my son was to be at basketball practice that he had one. This was very frustrating, then after going to 2 different locations and not finding the team, I had a choice...to go home and tell my next client to come on or to practice with him even though I had on flip-flops. The reality is...I can do anything I want to do for my good reasons for me, so today I made it for HIM. I chose to make it a great time for him. To my surprise, as I practiced with him without phone or any kind of interruptions he got to have his Mommy's undivided attention. The things God was giving me for him to do (even shooting with his eyes closed & doing push-up off the ball) was so encouraging to me and fun for him. More than that, to see that he progressed from the time we started to the time we ended (40 -45 mins later) was awesome! I also learned today that I allow people's choices make me upset when I feel it down plays what I have already done. I almost let a situation like this make me call this day a flop. It wasn't a flop and this was just moment. I refuse to discredit the good I received for what I call the foolishness of another. I enjoyed several beautiful glimpses of my Heavenly Father and for that I am thankful. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are encouraged to comment. Thank you in advance for sharing your perspective.