Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Day 76 (Tues 9.7.10)....WHAT A FIGHT!

Oh, we are in there now y'all! I am doing my best to unwind right now. Today, has been a day of fighting. It started with the life insurance lady taking her frustrations out on me that she received our medical testing order today and the appointment is tomorrow and ended with receiving a letter from PG Housing Authority re our MD property; with other stuff in between. It seems to have been one thing after another, when it couldn't be verbal then the emails. I feel like I have been praying through all day! WHAT A DAY! So after all of that, I realize I give my energy away. Its like I know I am not wrestling with flesh and blood, but it sure feels like it. I'm not quitting nor am I throwing in the towel. Oh, no! However, I must not wage war as like it is a physical fight and ask God during the battle more freqently than I did today to show me how to fight. I actually feel like I've been throwing blows all day long. So pray for me... Five (5) things that I am thankful for today because I am still victorious:

1) I am thankful for my husband and his ability to step in and cut off some crapola at the knees.
2) I am thankful for the joy of preparing my family a totally vegetarian meal with a superfresh salad to go with it. I don't think they realized they didn't have any meat (not even fish). It was fun even planning it.
3) I am thankful for having the courage to step to and confront each situation today without losing my sanity or destroying my testimony. I actually drove to ATLANTA from Gwinnett County to the parking lot that overcharged me before filing fraud charges. LOL! (I am actually laughing at myself right now just thinking back over the situation. I know Ariguy (the man in the booth) was not used to this. He gave me the management's name, address, phone number and all.)
4) I am thankful for being able to see my family and know that I am loved and appreciated.
5) I am thankful for being able to run 2.25 of the 3.1 mile - Webb Gin House Road today (I don't know why I've been wanting to do this, but I did)!
6) I am thankful for being able to put my own issues to the side to be a listening hear & just a text away for 2 of my partners.

God, thank you for being there for me during this day of various conflicts. This is more than I've seen in one day in a long time. I realize I am not the only one experiencing this and that I shouldn't think it strange when these things happen. Thank you for letting me see where I can use a little more maturity. Now, help me to unhook from those things that mattered too much and for anything that's holding onto me to lose its grip. I ask that anyone that's reading this that had even an inkling of a day of what I endured, that you would refresh them and help them to renew their mind in you as I pray the same for myself. All of those that are doing the 90 day challenge, that they have the courage to recommit themselves daily to the call you have on their lives and agree with the mandate you have made with them personnally. We love you God. We really do want our light to shine for you and and to be that city the sits upon the hill that cannot be hid. Thank you for giving us these opportunities to do so today. We know we almost struck the rock, but thank you for the restraint that you placed in each of us to not do so. Please forgive me for even the thoughts of wanting to go astray. Now, as we turn in for the night, allow us to enter into the rest that you have ordained for us. In Jesus Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are encouraged to comment. Thank you in advance for sharing your perspective.