Monday, August 30, 2010

Day 86 (Sat)

Day 86 - Saturday: I had the pleasure of attending a women's leadership meeting where I learned about providing a compelling reason for others to be apart of what you are offering, whether it is Christ, a church or anything else. In the midst of this great experience, I learned about the boat knot and how it will save my life which changed my perspective for wanting to know how to tie the knot. The one piece that was most life changing is I heard God through my leader encourage me to give Him the part of my heart that is behind lock and key. So, upon departing to do a favor for someone, my van broke down. I had the choice of seeing this as a negative which would take me out of my element or positively and with purpose which would compel me to spend this down time wisely. I chose the latter. I also used this time to give God that part of my heart that I haven't shared with anyone. Thinking that the pain that's behind that door was way to much to handle, that I would just move on and keep living. In giving that part to Him, I didn't expect Him to spring forth challenges within hours to have me to see what was really there. I was faced head on with a situation that reminded me of the past, except this time, I confronted the person in the most love I could muster up and even asked hard, pointed questions and acknowledged that the matter made me feel uncomfortable. Rather than flowing from my dysfunctional self, I chose to be healthy. My husband repaired the van (which is amazing within itself because he usually would just call someone else to do it). I still worked out that night before going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are encouraged to comment. Thank you in advance for sharing your perspective.