Sunday, March 18, 2012

Smell Your Roses....



How well do you enjoy your accomplishments before you are on to the next thing? I experienced many great feats this past week and had it not been that my assistant's daughter got really sick I would've kept on going. I had created a list between that night and morning of the next things. I was on to the next tasks without pausing to experience the deeper gratitude that I felt for the strength, energy and will that I know God had given me to finish strong and meet many deadlines by doing first things first. What will it cost you to stop and recharge? Or to simply enjoy the moment of being free of the thing you just finished? Let me tell you...when we don't stop we are robbed of the re-charge that comes with rest, creativity re-energized, jubilant praise we give our God, deep gratitude and appreciation for ourselves and renewed hope to say the least. After your next accomplishment, take time to "smell your roses" before they die and you have to wait for the next bloom, or smell someone else's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are encouraged to comment. Thank you in advance for sharing your perspective.