Monday, July 1, 2013

The 2-Letter Word

Ahhhhhhh!  These days I am more in tune with my spirit.  I recognize when I am getting off of my "center" and it is displayed first as an uneasiness from within that at a glimpse is just a feeling of being "off".  With closer introspection, I recognized that I was going against a core belief or even just an action that I know was not in alignment with my true essence.  At first I didn't have words for this "feeling" or "experience" as much as I do today.  As a result of a breaking point I reached almost 3 weeks ago now, I am attuned to this part of me.  It literally seems before I make one step that I think I am sure about, I have to stop and make sure that I am sure.  God has a way of letting me know that "I know" and even when I "don't know" and He is teaching me in the process.  I realize that I am always going to be presented opportunities that are "good", "better" and "best".  While on some days, "good" is what I should do, "best" would be better.  Nonetheless, determining which one to say, "Yes" to requires making a decision from stillness because it's not like all of them ("good" , "better" and "best) are presented to me at one time.  

Today, I wanted to say, "Yes" to my new assistant to come in to get as much of the scanning done as possible.  However, with closer introspection, I recognized an uneasiness, a hurrying within and had to put the brakes on.  Of course getting the scanning done means us being closer to being a completely paperless office.  "Best", won out and I had to say, "No."  It is better that she completes her training.

In another instance, a hair client requested that I do her hair tomorrow.  I love connecting with this young lady.  Again, "best" won out...I had to tell her no in the nicest way I could because stopping to connect (though "good") was not "best" as that would mean some more meaningful things would get dropped.

In essence it seems like new boundaries are being hedged and preparation for the opportunities that I have been praying for is vastly at hand.  This must be what Nehemiah felt as he rebuilt the wall in the book of Nehemiah (in the Bible).  Sanballat and the others were constantly trying to get him off what he knew he was supposed to be doing, however Nehemiah stayed the course and finished the wall of Jerusalem. (I had to stop and read this scripture!)  When you get a chance read Neh 6: 12-7:3!  I encourage you today, to stay the course your Heavenly Father has marked out for you...Seek Him first and all the other things will be added! The 2-letter word is not a bad word, its just one that I had to get re-acquainted with and that is "No."  It can be said in number of ways and with sweetness yet it still means the same thing it did when I was 2..."No."

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are encouraged to comment. Thank you in advance for sharing your perspective.